Bretonnian Cavalry (formerly Animosity)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Kill a Keep Lord

2 posters

Go down

How to Kill a Keep Lord Empty How to Kill a Keep Lord

Post  Earindel Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 pm

This is a brief overview of the strategy Animosity Guild will be using in Keep taking and should be reviewed by all who wish to accompany us on such a venture. This post covers only the basics, individual assignments may vary depending on circumstance.

1) The Keep gates. These require a ram to destroy. Grp 2 will generally be assigned to use the ram, 4 Melee characters should man the ram.
Ranged dps and healers should take care of trash mobs and keep defenses such as oil, players, ect.

2) The Keep Lord. He/She will be accompanied by 4 champions. They are located on the second floor in most cases. The main tank should lead the way through the room and outside to the ranged weapons platform. Everyone needs to stay close together and IMMEDIATELY congregate on the ranged weapons platform. Once all players are on the platform the mobs will reset. At this time everyone needs to heal and buff up. Once everyone is ready the MT and ONLY the MT will pull (hopefully) 1 champion which he will tank directly in front of the weapons platform with his back to a wall (to prevent knockback). Once the mobs is positioned correctly everyone steps down from the platform only as far as needed to perform dps or w/e. Once the first mob dies all go back onto platform and this process is repeated until the mobs are all dead. If players interference becomes an issue all ranged dps will switch focus to the player/s as needed HOWEVER they must NOT leave position. Doing so will cause a wipe by agroing to many mobs. Repeat: maintaining position is of the utmost importance.

3) Have fun! The world RVR system in Warhammer is the best thing I've seen in an mmo yet. I had a blast and I hope you all will join me for many more keep pwnings. Thanks for taking the time to read this and expect to see alot more Keep raids on the guild calendar!

Earindiel
Senator and Meat Shield for hire

P.S. Any questions may be directed to this post or to myself in game.

Earindel

Back to top Go down

How to Kill a Keep Lord Empty Re: How to Kill a Keep Lord

Post  Nalea Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:30 am

awesome summary.

The key is everyone needs to run up stairs to reset lord and champs. Most ppl just hang on stairs or even worse in Lord's room and get wiped.
Nalea
Nalea

Back to top Go down

Post  Yorvil Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:58 pm

If the Keep Lord moves out to the weapons platform he will then run back inside and reset to full health. I was on a raid where the Lord was at 10% health and then reset so it is important that you not move onto the weapons platform once you are fighting him.

Yorvil

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum